Daily Archives: June 23, 2012
We’re back at the day that I organise my dosette (a reusable device that allows medicines to be housed in grid like compartments, in preparation for sequential dosing according to a prescribed regime). Now, approximately 90 days ago, I ordered a tonne of supplements because I read that they might help my FM – and now I’m running out.
I never bothered to research them. I just kinda asked my GP is it okay to take them, and off I went.
I mean, really, how many of you have been told of miracle supplements that will make you better, energise you, and let you go back to work?
As such, I had a bit of a look around the net and put together a little table (here). By no means does it have all the information about each supplement, nor does it have every supplement. So, I’m suggesting (strongly) to you that, prior to trying, adding, reducing any of your supplements, please talk to your doctor.
Questions to ask your doctor include:
- What’s the right dosage for me?
- Should I take it with food?
- What time of day should I take it?
- Will this supplement interact badly with my prescriptions?
- Does it have side effects that might mimic or aggravate my fibro symptoms (such as depression or sleep difficulties)?